This is a staple in my diet while on P2. This recipe makes plenty of leftovers that I store in the fridge and warm up in the microwave for a quick HCG friendly meal.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1-2 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2-1 tsp salt
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 red pepper sliced thin
- 2 stalks of celery sliced thin
- 2-3 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- green onions
- 2 tablespoons fat free sour cream used for garnish
- home made salsa
- 1-2 of the lowest calorie lowest sugar content corn tortillas you can find
- coconut oil
Add 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil to your pan on medium heat and add onions, garlic, red pepper and chopped celery til onions begin to turn translucent then add ground beef and spices to brown. . When meat has browned turn on medium low heat and stir occasionally. Celery is a nice addition for 0 calories but lots of taste and fiber to fill you up.
Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to large pan at medium high heat and cook tortillas till brown and crisp on both sides.
Add taco meet to corn tortillas and there you have a safe HCG Taco that results in a loss of weight!